Dear Family,
This last week was a pretty interesting one. On Tuesday we had D. Todd Christofferson come and speak to us. Then on Thursday it was Thanksgiving, of course. It was probably the best Thanksgiving I've had. It started out with a devotional with Russel M. Nelson. Sister Bennett and Elder Decker played the first musical number. (Piano and violin) They did a great job. After that was lunch. That was nothing special but not too bad. There were other activities. We had just had dinner in our rooms (sack dinners) when Sister Baysden had a "allergic reaction". Sister Bennett and her went to the emergency room and Sister Pulu and I went to the service project and the to the movie 17 Miracles. When we got out of the movie the other two were back. Anyway, Thanksgiving was pretty good.
The next morning, of course, I woke up sick. There has been a bad cold going around our district and I guess it was my turn. That day was in-field orientation. Just a bunch of seminars all day. I missed the first half but was there the rest of the day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be other then I didn't feel good. The next night, Saturday, I was feeling pretty crappy. Not too bad but enough that I had a hard time concentrating in class. The last hour of class I kept getting this prompting to ask for a blessing. I really didn't want to because I didn't think I was that sick. I know really stupid reason. Well, the rest of the class I just kept getting the impression to ask either Elder Phelps or Elder Jeffs for a blessing. I finally said ok if they're one of the last people to leave. That way it wouldn't be a big thing. Well, Elder Jeffs was one of the first to leave and in my head I thought "yes". But of course Elder Phelps was the last one to leave. So I asked him for a blessing thinking it wouldn't be too bad because the rest of the district was leaving. Well, they ended up all staying. It was one of the best blessings I've had. The moment Elder Jeffs put his hands on my head to anoint the oil the spirit was so strong. It continued to get strong as all the Elders gathered around me and Elder Phelps gave me my blessing. I still wasn't completely sure way Heavenly Father wanted me to have this blessing so much. Then in my blessing it said that is was for my testimony. I thought that was pretty cool. I guess I just had to give up my pride and use some faith.
Which was my topic for my talk on Sunday. Every week they give us a topic to write a talk about and then they pick 2 or 3 people randomly to speak. I felt it was going to be me every week and on Sunday it was. It wasn't too bad. I just told my experience of the night before.
On Wednesday at 5:00 am I'll be heading out to Oklahoma! It hasn't really set in yet. I'm so glad I get to go with some amazing people. So the next letter you get from me will be from the mission field. Love you all even if you don't write me!
-Sister Blocker